The Target of English Teaching and Learning is for learners to develop an ever-improving capability to use English:
• to think and communicate;
• to acquire, develop and apply knowledge;
• to respond and give expression to experience; and within these contexts, to develop and apply an ever-increasing understanding of how language is organized, used and learned.
To facilitate effective learning and teaching, we target to enhance
learners’ experience through:
• providing ample opportunities and a conducive environment for the learning and practice of language forms (including text types, vocabulary, and grammar items and structures), communicative functions, and language skills in meaningful contexts;
• making extensive use of a variety of text types (including stories, informational reports, expositions) to develop critical thinking and encourage free expression and creativity; and
• promoting the development of learning and language development strategies, values and attitudes to enhance effective, independent and lifelong learning.